Thursday, March 20, 2014

More TBT Photos!

Bad perms. Versions of our younger selves in all of their adorableness. Overalls as fashion. All of that and more in our Throw Back Thursday photos!

My grandmother made my dress for the first-grade talent show. I got to wear make-up (and not get in trouble) plus my mom's jewelry. I was part of a trio pretending to be the Lennon Sisters. They were a very popular sister act featured on The Lawrence Welk Show.  



Even as a little girl, Beks had fabulous hair! I'm sure she's giving advice on how to take the photo.


To help bring me out of my shell, my parents sent me to charm school. My dad didn't recognize me when he came to pick me up that night.
A moment of bliss or a totally uncensored response to something Pokey has done -- either way, it's adorable.

There was a time in the 80s when women wore overalls as everyday fashion. It was wrong. So wrong.
This photo was taken the day after Beks saw "The Sound of Music."
This was the only perm that made me cry. It was brillo pad tough and totally uncontrollable. Thank goodness Doug and J.R. are so doggone cute and totally grab your attention.
It's photos like these (and we all have them) that bring us to our senses when we even CONSIDER having another perm!

Thank goodness for Throw Back Thursdays. They remind us of what we're grateful for in our pasts -- and how glad we are to be where we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment