Thursday, February 14, 2013

You're Loved

Happy Valentine's Day from your MM girls...Lynne and Bekah!! We so love you and it was a special treat to spend the show today chatting with you!

I've wrestled with this post. How do I approach you...all of you...on a day like today? How do I speak to those of you who so ache for love that your heart bends painfully underneath the burden of missing love? How do I speak to those of you who are so inexplicably joyful today for the love that has settled over your life that you fear you might burst into back handsprings with no warning? How do I speak to those of you who are in a season of stale love...and you wish you felt desire but you just don't...and he seems oblivious too...

So many needs. So many hearts overwhelmed in so many directions.

Well, first I say this to you:



This is one of my favorite songs...the first time I remember hearing it was when I stumbled down Wayne Avenue not far from the station here...during the Fort 4 Fitness 10K race. Some girl had perched on a stool outside a coffee shop and while strumming her guitar, she sang the words "Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me...." over and over. It gave me the push to keep running even when I wanted to fall down and gasp for breath. And if life and love makes you want to fall down today, know that His love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on you, sweet friend!

Secondly, I say to you that if you're sick of seeing tweets and Facebook postings of goopy love stories, try using the word we used on the show this morning: schmoopiness. My friend Joel posted on his FB page this morning that he hoped couples would keep "public schmoopiness to a tolerable level." You can't say schmoopiness without a hint of a smile. Repeat it ten times and see if you don't find a little giggle in you somewhere.

Thirdly, I say to you that if you do have love in your life, celebrate the daylights out of that thing today. I spent so many years yearning for love and this year, when I have it, I'm being careful to let Ryan know just how much I appreciate him and how much I do not take for granted his presence in my world. {This is true despite a variety of interesting texts I've received today that lead a girl to believe she's having a romantic dinner of craw dads, bacon, and shredded cheese.}

And regardless of where you stand in a love life, know that Lynne and I LOVE YOU!!! We are so grateful for each of you and how you share your lives with us each day!

And most of all The Most High is so crazy about you...He wrote your life story. Let Him write away....

No comments:

Post a Comment