Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Gulping Conviction

I sat down to write my blog post for this week and admittedly had a bad attitude.

You know those days where you feel like everyone is singling you out on purpose just to punish you in some way? And you know in your heart of hearts that nothing is purposeful or malicious...just people in a hurry, not thinking...

..but it still hurts and you struggle between keeping to yourself, hoping to not spread the infection of the bad attitude...and running around spreading it to anyone you can find, because you wonder if that "misery loves company" thing is really true.

Yes, that was my day.

And then I saw that Angie Smith had posted a new picture to Instagram. It might surprise you to know that I know virtually nothing about Instagram, though I am known in these parts as the Bekahrazzi - and that name did not come to me by accident. I have no Instagram account and I am not obsessed {yet} with following anyone on there. But now and then, Angie will tweet a picture from Instagram and of course then, I'm compelled to look.

The picture was captioned "Look closely, and you'll see 2 little girls sent outside to pray for each other because they can't seem to get along today. My view from here is a good reminder. We are so small."

I opened the picture, which was of 2 massive trees shading a sunny backyard...and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off in the bottom left corner of the picture were two tiny spots - one in a dark shirt and one in a red shirt. Presumably the 2 little girls sent outside to pray for each other.

And immediately I gulped the conviction poured over me.

A beautiful sunny day...the very picture of joy and beauty...and these two are sitting it out for a while to deal with their hearts.

That same sunny day wraps around me from outside the office...and I feel the need to go visit a far corner of its beauty myself. To walk away from the toxic air I've created with my attitude and sit in a far corner of beauty, so small in the greatness of the day...and pray. Deal with my heart.

To gulp grace like I've gulped conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment