Thursday, May 22, 2014

Word Up

Last Friday, the women of WBCL had their annual Day Out. Bekah and I were in charge of planning this year's experience, and outlined a day of fun, food and femaleship in Winona Lake, Indiana.

First stop: MudLOVE.

My heart is stoked with affection and respect for Luke Wright, the young man who founded MudLOVE in 2009 "with nothing more than an old stamp set, a box of clay, and an unadvised business plan of giving 20% of all sales to clean drinking water projects in Africa." The God-inspired clay creations include mugs, necklaces, magnets and pocket rocks. But what they're most known for are their classic bands, each featuring a one-word (sometimes more) declaration, though the line has expanded to also include animals and custom designs.







Our crew, especially Jeri Rusk (we love you, Jeri!), spent more than thirty minutes selecting bands for themselves and others, truly laboring over choosing the precise word they, or their giftee, needs reminding of right now.

Believe. Blessed. Forgiven. Mercy. Freedom. Breathe. Worship.

So many to choose from, and yet....

One Word is the source of them all: Jesus.

He (Jesus) is the divine Yes--God's affirmation. For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Him. 
(2nd Corinthians 1:19, 20) 


That truth sets me free! Some days I am such a mess, I need a STACK of words running from my wrist to my elbow: strength, grace, mercy, hope, peace, beloved...I require them all -- or at least I think I do. Until I do a deep exhale and whisper one word, the Word that encompasses all that's required to replace my poverty: Jesus.

What about you? What word would you choose for today? You might think it's patience, but what you truly need is understanding. You might think it's strength, but what you truly require is surrender. Everything you need for everything that crosses your path today is found in one word, the Living Word, from whom all blessings -- every word required for your today -- flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment