Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What If You Took a Day Off?

I used to teach a Bible study at my church, and many of our study girls were teachers. More than once I heard them lament that they wished they could take a day off {sometimes for fun and sometimes because they didn't feel well} but it was too much work to be gone. They'd have to write lesson plans...and hope there was a sub available...and deal with all the sub-induced-misbehavior when they got back.

It was just easier to go to work. And perhaps more restful.

It just made me sad!

Ryan and I both understand that sort of thing now. It's not that we can't take time off work - but he has a schedule full of patients that need to see a therapist, so if he takes off, someone has to cover for him and he hates putting that on his co-workers. And I can take time off - but I have to find someone to cover my jobs here at the station and sometimes I hate asking for help.

You probably understand. Maybe for you...you'd have to find someone to watch your kids...or manage the store...or drive your route...and it's just easier to keep going.

But I ask you...

What if you took a day off?

What if you took the time and the trouble to get the substitutes as needed, mapped out the work that needed to be done, and you simply enjoyed a day.

Fall is headed this way, and while I'm not eager to give up the two minutes of summer we're now enjoying, I do love so much about fall. I love the colors...and the crisp air...and the food...all of it. And I'm hoping Ryan and I can carve out a day to go enjoy.

So whether it's savoring more of summer or looking forward to fall...or anything in between...what if you took a day and just savored things like this?



or....



or...



or...


or...


or...


What if you did?

What if you took a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment