Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Winter Miscellany

Friends!!

I'm writing to you from...are you ready?? Our brand new home!!!

And of course, by "our brand new home," I mean the new office I share with the lovely Miss Lynne.


I hope to {once we have ALL the boxes cleared out and the wall hangings in place} offer you a virtual tour of our new home, but for now, I offer you the above photo...a celebration of writing interview questions at a FULL, CLEAN desk. You have no idea how much I treasured that this week after months of packing, unpacking, temporary homes, transitions, and messes.

So has this month been...a month...or what? I've been getting up at 4:30 in the morning to check the weather to find out how many hours I need to allow for the commute, Ryan's been shoveling sidewalks and chipping ice off windshields, and we've collectively been working to remember to let the faucets drip...and still have to sometimes coerce liquid through pipes after a particularly cold night.

And not all the snow has been a bad thing. I mean...Ryan and I did get to build a snowman, which we promptly named Jeffrey.
And the cold nights have made for good excuses to curl up in the living room and just relax...
So it's not all bad.

Kind of made me want to recount my favorite things from January...a counting of gifts, if you will. {Count away with Ann Voskamp! One Thousand Gifts...give thanks for blessings!!}

* Starbucks...and the warmth of the tall nonfat white chocolate mocha with two shots of raspberry and a little bit of whip

* The discovery of a darling hole-in-the-wall coffee shop in all its uniqueness

* Blankets piled high on a bed, pushing away even the cold that wants to creep in

* Completed scrapbooks...and the hope of a sale!

* A few hours in the salon chair...

* Soup. Much soup

* Celebrations of life with family

* Safety on snow and ice packed roads

* The dream of spring arriving. Sooner rather than later.


Hang in there, my friends! Winter won't last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment