Monday, August 13, 2012

Motherhood

This morning, Lynne interviewed Leslie Wilson, who is one of the contributors to a gift book called A Scrapbook of Motherhood Firsts. It's a collection of stories, traditions, recipes, wisdom, tips, quotes, verses, and much more...to help new mothers transition into the most wonderful and challenging role they'll ever know.

I'm not a mom. (Unless you count my cat...and I'm going to guess most of you aren't going to let me count her...and truthfully I won't fight you on that. She's pretty low maintenance.) But I have a mom...and if you listen to Mid-Morning very often, you probably hear me talk about her. I like to tell stories on her and ask forgiveness later. :)

Thought you might like to meet her today:
Obviously that was from Christmas...and she would KILL me if she knew I posted a picture in which she was barefoot and I was in the highest heels I own. (She doesn't relish being the shortest family member. I, on the other hand, relish a good hair day and a good pair of heels allowing me to be the TALLEST family member.) So let's just not mention this part to her, okay?

I've mentioned this on the air before, but I was a bit of a surprise to my parents. (Read: total unexpected shock.) Mom was probably mostly ready for a nap for much of my childhood, but she did a great job jumping in and making it fun for me. She encouraged me to use my imagination (something she no doubt later wished she'd dialed down JUST a bit) and taught me great life principles from an early age.

To be honest, I can't imagine how much work it would be to have a baby and take on the responsibility of raising him or her to not only be a good and kind person...but to know and love the Lord. I have a great admiration for moms and the hard work they do every day - from getting them on a schedule as a baby...to potty training...to playing taxi...to beginning to set them free to be themselves...to stepping back entirely and letting them become the people God wove them to be.

Blessings to you mothers...my own included!!

No comments:

Post a Comment