Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Whole Kitchen Caboodle!!

Today was our Kitchen Caboodle show...also the show in which we learned that my multi-tasking skills fall JUST short of turning on mics, running the board, talking AND reading. It was a comical start to the day's program, to say the least. Take a listen if you missed it!

Anyway, I started a new party segment on our show today. Every month on Kitchen Caboodle, I'll bring you some new party theme ideas. The one I talked about today was based on a little project I did last year called Pancakes with the Princess. So much fun to invite my friends over and enjoy time with them - and FOOD!!! Here are some pictures from my Pancakes with the Princess adventures:

This is when I took the adventure on the road...went to spend Thanksgiving weekend at my sister's house out of state, and one night I cooked pancakes for dinner. She was just happy I volunteered for kitchen duty! (And I wanted to figure out how to bring that flat-top stove home on the airplane!)
 Another time I took it on the road was when I wanted to give my office at my former job one last Bekah cooking hurrah. I made pancakes for the entire office during my last week there. As you can see, counter space was at a premium and I was feeling a bit frazzled. Attractive, no?
 At my home...a much more TOGETHER pancake presentation...this is the cinnamon swirl recipe, the Amish breakfast casserole (recipe cut in half) and the Orange Julius recipe. YUM.
 Drinking an Orange Julius with my girl, Savannah! (She's one of my honorary nieces.)
 My first ever time to host...complete with scrambled eggs, sausage patties, orange slices, and little snowmen donut holes/milk. It was fun.
So many great ideas for pancake/PJ parties; I pinned those ideas on our Pinterest board for this show.

And if you didn't get to hear it, listen on the archives to check out our interviews with Lia Huber from The Nourish Network, Wayne Shive from Best Boy and Company, and Marcia Crawford, author of The Care and Feeding of the Almost Adult. Plus - Lynne had some fun takes on the old grilled cheese sammich!

2 comments:

  1. Fun post! Thanks for the opportunity to join you this morning on "Kitchen Caboodle" and thanks for making the subject of food and nutrition what it should be FUN, NOURISHING and a JOY. Best, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia - We loved having you with us! Thanks so much for your great interview. :)

    ReplyDelete