Thursday, September 13, 2012

Anthems, Tears, and More

I still have goose bumps from today's BLT show. Did you catch it? I love spending time with Lynne on the air. Today we ran the full gamut of laughter to tears and we loved sharing those moments with you. And from the emails we've gotten so far, sounds like we've struck a chord or two with you today!

For starters...Lynne and I confessed our undying love for anthems. I'm not sure why I love them so much. Perhaps because I grew up on hymns and still adore their deep swell at the end? Nothing gives me goose bumps in music quite like an anthem. And today we shared two of our faves. We couldn't leave them in the archived version of the show, so I thought I'd post them here so you can watch/listen if you'd like.

Here was Lynne's favorite song: The New Jerusalem. If you don't know, she loves Michael Card's writing, so this is one of his masterpieces.


And this one was mine...a beautiful song called I Then Shall Live. Gloria Gaither wrote the lyrics, and you might recognize the tune as being the same one as the church hymn Be Still My Soul. This version was sung by the Gaither Vocal Band and Signature Sound Quartet together. Powerful words. As I said during the show, this is what I hope my life represents...and when I get married, I want this song sung at our wedding. It's what I hope our marriage represents as well!


I also shared a little about journaling, since we'd gotten a question about that last week. Lynne and I both journal, and we both talked about what we include in our journals. Lynne shared some quotes and a sweet story from a church service she was in a couple of Christmases ago. And I shared (through a few tears - my apologies as you listen) - this journal excerpt I wrote about my nephew, who was stillborn 24 years ago next year. I wrote this on his 21st birthday.

And then, if you don't know, Lynne and I are NOT smarter than a 5th grader. Most days, it's questionable whether or not we're smarter than a kindergartner, actually. DO NOT MISS Lynne's story about how many feet are in 2 yardsticks and a ruler. HILARIOUS.

You don't even know how much we love hearing from you on these days (well, and all days). Join us next week for BLT? Every Thursday, we'll be back for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment