Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's a Special Day Around Here...

Because SOMEONE has a birthday!!! Wanna know who? It's none other than the lovely hostess with the mostest of Mid-Morning. LYNNE FORD!!!!

And so today, I would like to wish my dear friend a happy birthday by saying all the reasons I wish I could be like her when I grow up.

1. You always know how to make a girl feel loved. This was our first ever picture together, taken circa November 2010...when I arrived at mic 7 as a guest. You made my first radio interview a warm, wonderful, scrapbook worthy experience and you complimented my sweater dress and boots. I left feeling loved.
 2. You are so gracious when someone has an idea. I was such a newbie when I came to you with this crazy idea to start a monthly cooking show. I should have been sitting at my desk reading my 39 page manual and learning how to be a producer, but when I shared my idea, your eyes lit up and you said "Let's do THAT!" And you even named it. An idea is so much more loved when it is named.
 3. You dive in to everyone's loves with such abandon. When you were assigned to work the Gaither concert with me (aka David Phelps was in the HOUSE!) you didn't ask to be reassigned. You showed up and stood next to this crazy glowing girl who BARELY could contain the fact that DAVID PHELPS was in the next room. Nothing is ever too stupid. You see the delightful dorkiness in EVERYONE.
 4. You make work a joy. We look wiped out in this picture because...we were! A whole day of work followed by a whole evening of wearing heels and working the biggest concert event we'd had to date that year - and at the end, my favorite part was sitting next to you and being SO thankful that my every work day includes YOU!
 5. You put your heart into everything you do. I watched you prepare wholeheartedly for SHARE 2012...finding quotes and verses and stories that would feed listeners' souls...and then you arrived every day with iced tea and a smile and you gave the longer days your all.
 6. You are so classy. I may never (okay I LIKELY will never) have the grace and presence you have, but I can dream! I love watching you share with people from the stage. They love you. They should. You're lovable.
 7. You're stinkin' fun!! Anyone who will read a book with bronze children for the love of a photo shoot is someone I want as a friend. I love, love, love how fun you are.
 8. You are an AMAZING host. Seriously. Oh my goodness. I love being on air with you, but mostly I love watching you at work. Whatever comes at you - you make it work. You are AMAZING.
 9. You are the best golf cart driver IN THE WORLD. Okay I can't even type that with a straight face. Though you nearly cost me my right side to a set of bushes...I still love hanging out with you in a golf cart on a 100 degree day because you are stinkin' fun!! (See number 7.) (Stinkin' was not intended to have a double meaning.) (I'm sorry I really did stink this day.)
 10. You love what you love and you are confident in who you are. (Even if it means a double fisted iced tea day.) I so long to one day know who I am as much as you know who you are. It is inspiring.

Happy birthday, my dear friend! Life is a joy with you in it. May God shower abundant blessing on your next year! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment