Thursday, September 20, 2012

Some Fall Fun...

Are you loving BLT as much as we are? Goodness, I'm not sure a person should have as much fun at work as Lynne and I do on these shows, but we do love them!

So....some highlights of today's show!!

Well...first of all, if you've not yet visited it, don't miss our We Like it Wednesdays Pinterest board! It's the place Lynne and I pin all the fun stuff we encounter that you just might like to know about!

One of Lynne's pins this week matched her ever so touching story about her niece Taryn's wedding this past weekend. Seriously, people, if you missed Lynne's story about the idea God gave her for this wedding, RUN to the archives and listen to the show. I have heard the story four times now and I've gotten goose bumps every time. Oh my goodness. Go hear it. Seriously.

And here's the gift Lynne gave Taryn...gorgeous way to decorate a card!

We also heard some very funny stories about outfits listeners (or their kids) insisted upon wearing in those formative years. You know what we mean. That one outfit that would be worn every single day without laundering, if allowed...if you didn't have one, chances are good you know someone who did.

Would love to show you a picture of mine but...oh wait. No, that's not true. I would not love to show you. That portion of my life is better left unviewed. (Think poofy bangs and that should be enough to make you thank me for a lack of picture.)

How about favorite fall foods/drinks? Do you have one? My own mama became so inspired by this chat that she got up and made a pumpkin pie when the show was over! Here is my favorite fall drink. Apple Pie Chai from McConn Coffee Shop on the IWU Campus.

(Please note I had, in fact, cried off every stitch of my makeup earlier in the day, so I look, um, scary. In a "happy to be holding this apple pie chai" sort of way.)

Want a sneak peek of next week's BLT show?

* HINT * The Brady family dog, Tiger, was killed by a car between seasons on the show. A replacement dog proved unworkable. The doghouse remained on the set because one of the studio lights fell and burned a hole through the astroturf, and the doghouse covered up the burned spot.

(Confession: I never realized the dog disappeared from the show.)

No comments:

Post a Comment