Monday, October 1, 2012

Catching Up

Hi there! We were out of commission last week because I (Bekah) was down for the count part of the week. Anyone else get one of those annoying fall cold/flu/what-in-the-world-is-this-crazy-ickiness feeling? Not fun. But we're back and we have all kinds of news for you. How about a bullet point sort of blog post? Can you handle that? (And be sure to go all the way down...fun news at the bottom!)

* Last Monday we welcomed Stephen Adair - a local attorney who specializes in elder law. He had some great advice, so if you missed the show, check it out here!

* And speaking of elder law...in two weeks, we're having Write a Will week here at WBCL with local attorneys volunteering time to help educate you on the importance of having a will and to offer short, helpful individual appointments on will writing. If you're in the area and would like more information, check out our web page!

* And then last Tuesday, we had this darling, energetic sweetheart of an entrepreneur who joined us for the hour to talk about taking your hobby and turning it into a business. If that's been a dream of yours, check out what she had to say, because you might find some really helpful pointers! Her book is called Craft, Inc. and you can get it on Amazon if you want to read more of what she had to say!

* Okay, confession time!! My life has been CRAZY busy lately (more on that later in the blog post) and I admit it...my quiet time with my sweet Abba has suffered. I hate even writing that. But it's true. My swirling brain hasn't quieted and calmed enough to focus on Him. And one of my goals for the month of October is to reinstate that sacred time. If I'm struggling with it as a single girl...I can only imagine what you wives and moms have to juggle to make time for everything! Last Wednesday, we interviewed 3 sweet ladies on the importance of intimacy with the Lord. Really great (non-condemning) words...don't miss that on the archives!

* You loving BLT? We sure are. Oh my goodness. We so love that show every week! Last week we played some TV trivia and talked about some books that have impacted our lives - and we threw in our two cents on fall fashion, too. (And if you need a What-Not-to-Wear treasure, don't miss my recap of an UBER unfortunate outfit I sported recently.

* And we wrapped up the week with a Kitchen Caboodle show...that was a lot of fun! So. What I'm saying is if you missed Mid-Morning last week, you missed some fun! So go check it out!!

* SO excited to report to you that I SURVIVED THE FORT4FITNESS 10K RUN!!!!!! I would prattle on about it here, but I already did that today over on my blog and I hate to repeat myself unnecessarily, so if you want the full recap, head over there and check it out. Here's a sample photo - but there are a bunch more over on my blog.
* Today was the day our MMe-Note went out, and Lynne wrote an AMAZING note at the end of it. Hope you got to see it! She talked about her son, who was recently married to a beautiful girl (beautiful inside and out!!). In case you missed the MMe-Note, wanna see the sweet newlyweds? Here they are!
* And the final piece of news I have for you is just a bit of Bekah personal life news, but I'm SO excited to share it with you!! I'm dating! I'm talking about that this week on my blog as well, so in the next few days, you can read the love story I so adore...that God's been writing these past few weeks. His name is Ryan, and he is one of the best gifts the Lord has EVER sent my way. I am so, so happy. Want to meet him? Here we are right before the Selah concert a couple of weeks ago!
Okay. That's a HUGE catch-up. Thanks for reading along!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment