Friday, October 19, 2012

Coming Your Way!!!

Today on Mid-Morning, Lynne and I shared some of our favorite nuggets of wisdom from Focus on the Family's new duo of books: The Best Advice I Ever Got on Marriage and The Best Advice I Ever Got on Parenting.

With my wedding just six weeks away, I devoured the marriage book, and I wanted to share one tiny snippet, by Gary Thomas. (The books, by the way, are compiled by FOTF President Jim Daly and each chapter is written by a different person or couple - and you'd probably recognize most of their names.) Gary said "So when I realized I am married to God's daughter - and that you, women, are married to God's sons - my view of marriage completely changed. God feels about my wife - His daughter - in an even holier and more passionate way than I feel about my own daughters...one of my primary forms of worship throughout the rest of my life would be honoring God by taking care of a woman who would always be, in His divine mind, 'His little girl.'" (p. 20)

I can't even top that. But I can try to live it out as I pledge my life to Ryan...my Abba's son.

Next week, we are continuing the theme of great practical life-wisdom. Let me give you some of the sneak peeks!!

Monday is Lynne's big Fresh Grounded Faith bash! Did you know that conference is coming to town? It will be November 9-10 (Friday/Saturday) here in Fort Wayne! Lynne and I worked this conference in Lima, Ohio earlier this year and y'all...you'll love it. If you can go - GO! One great thing about this conference is that it only takes place Friday evening and Saturday morning, so if it's hard to get time off work or you have kids at home that need your attention, it's a shorter conference!

Jennifer Rothschild is the speaker at FGF - and I adored her. She's so delightful in absolutely every way. It was a treat to meet her this spring and I know if you go - you'll love her too. She has the sweetest spirit and deeply desires to pull women closer to the Lord. (And she loves coffee. That can't be bad, right???)
Jennifer's special guest this time is Lisa Whelchel. You might remember her from the TV Show The Facts of Life - but most recently she's been on TV this season of Survivor! She'll be talking with Lynne on Monday, too!
And she won't be done yet!! At the end of the show, Lynne will interview Michael O'Brien who does the music for this round of FGF! I heard Michael do music at E-Women last fall - and oh my goodness! What a great musician and what a sweet heart for the Lord and for his wife! Don't miss Mid-Morning and these three great guests! 


Also next week - Shaunti Feldhahn will talk with us about her book For Women Only. It's not a new book - but it has GREAT insights in it to understanding how men think and operate. I remember studying it with the Bible study I led - probably about 8 years ago when it first released, and I STILL remember this line by heart because it so impacted me: "...the male need for respect and affirmation - especially from his woman - is so hardwired and so critical that most men would rather feel unloved than disrespected or inadequate." (p.22) If you've not read this book, check it out and tune in to hear Lynne's talk with Shaunti!

Lorraine Pintus was on Mid-Morning many months ago to talk about the book she co-wrote with Linda Dillow, called Intimate Issues. It is still one of our most-listened-to shows on the archives. Y'all showed us how much you CRAVE answers to the questions no one even wants to dare to ask. If you missed Lorraine's first interview with Lynne and you want to hear her wisdom, you can listen to it here. But guess what? She's coming back! We're going to be with her for a whole hour next Wednesday...and we'll take your questions via phone, Facebook and email. Please know you can ask your questions anonymously! Join us for that!

Next Thursday....It's BLT DAY!!!!! You all are loving BLT (or so you tell us) and we sincerely have a BLAST sharing that day with you. It's one of our favorite things. We're going to talk about (among other things) celebrity doppelgangers. Do you have one? I'm saving the one I get most for the show - but I've also been told I look like Katey Sagal. What do you think?


I think it's the expression.

Don't miss Mid-Morning next week. It's going to be a great week!

Bekah

2 comments:

  1. Lynne and Bekah. Wow, are you good. I've never heard an interviewer so prepared, yet so spontaneous and engaging. Thank you for blessings us today with this great set of interviews. Really, incredible. What a team.
    Jennifer's Dr. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dr. Phil - we have heard so much about you from Jennifer's talks at FGF before...it's such a pleasure to hear from you! Lynne is so amazing at what she does; it is an honor to work with her. I will make sure she sees your comment! Thanks for sharing Jennifer with us; our lives are richer because of her obedience and passion to make FGF available! :)

    ReplyDelete