Wednesday, October 10, 2012

And That's How it Happens

This past Monday, Lynne and I spent a day planning...planning...planning...all about the show happenings between now and the end of the year.

Know what a day of planning takes??

A lot of Kind bars....


A LOT of iced tea. And I mean A LOT of iced tea.


My old job was all about numbers. The extent of the creativity was figuring out how to learn numbers. That takes a lot of creativity.

So it is a joy and a half to have a job where you can spend a day over a lot (a LOT) of iced tea with one of your best friends and figure out what you want to do for the rest of the year for a whole host of listeners you love spending time with every single day - even if you can't see them.

But let me just tell you one little secret. A little skeleton in the closet, if you will.

Lynne started it.

She started piling ideas in a brown box. And every night she hides the brown box in her cabinet. Every morning she pulls it out and it sits, perched beside her chair, filled with promise of future shows. But to me it's just...well...it's not a neatly organized file. (Shhhh don't tell her.)

I call it the black hole of a brown box.

And. It. Makes. Me. A. Tiny. Bit. Crazy. (Not enough for it to matter - because it stays on HER side of the room...)

And that is why....it pains me to say...after I went away with Lynne for our Kind bar, iced tea laden planning day....

...this appeared next to my desk.


GASP.

I have my own black hole of a brown box.

I guess this must be the secret to the Mid-Morning creative genius?????

No comments:

Post a Comment