Friday, October 12, 2012

Busy Weeks

I'm sure you never have any of those, do you? Busy weeks? Weeks when you don't have time to sleep because you don't have enough time to even be awake...so how in the world would you have time to SLEEP?

Weeks when a nutritious dinner is something like a Snickers bar and a coke? (Don't believe me about that being nutritious? Well I'm no nutritionist but I can rationalize that for you in a big way if you  need it - so just let me know.)

We've had one of those weeks here in the Mid-Morning office. Lynne and I were gone Monday for our planning day, which of course means we've been a day off in our minds all week. (Don't you HATE that?)

So we breezed back into the office Tuesday morning with our packed black holes of brown boxes (see post below if that made no sense) and began unpacking the work we created for ourselves over the weekend.

Lynne has been rushing about this week preparing so hard for the WBCL Family Health and Wellness Day, which is tomorrow (not too late to get a ticket to hear Dr. Ann's presentation!!). I'm amazed at how much work she can turn out in a short amount of time. We've just kept her supplied with iced tea and Kind bars and she's somehow managed to keep up. I'd take a picture for you but she has been moving too quickly and it would just be a blur!

And I'm trying to figure out how to juggle the work created on planning day with planning a wedding! Ryan and I set a date - of December SECOND of this year. That's something like 51 days from now. I got some plannin' to do!  I'm pretty blessed with a spreadsheet making, planning loving, detail oriented fiance, so he's been handling all the big stuff - like reservations and booking of photographers and videographers and such, and I've been free to focus on things like picking out outfits for engagement pictures, scheduling my pre-wedding manicure, and gearing up for the big dress shopping extravaganza.

(Want to see a sneak peek of the engagement pics?)


And somewhere in all of that - we both try to grab a bit of sleep so we can get up and do it again the next day.

So your details might be different from ours. You might not be planning a wedding or gearing up to talk with Dr. Ann, but you're busy. We know that. You're trying to catch naps when you can - stay sane - read your Bible on the go - all of it. We get it.

And that's why we pick the topics we do...we want to sit with you for an hour and help you with everything from relationships to health to finding time to connect with God. We know you're busy, but we so appreciate the time you make for us and we hope what you hear on our show helps you!!

From the busyness of our office...know that we love you and pray for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment