Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Did NOT See That One Coming...

...It was such a normal Thursday. You know, last Thursday, October 4, 2012. That Thursday. I came to work having a semi-skinny day, with my face safely tucked in my bag (aka I hadn't yet applied my makeup), and a bottle of nail polish in my purse to replace the chipped Colts blue polish I'd removed that morning.

Slowly, throughout the morning, I applied my face, I polished my nails, and I checked and rechecked my stack of papers to make sure I had everything I needed to share another day of BLT with Lynne.

The show started and the only thing out of the ordinary was the fact that Lynne and I were sitting in the same room together. Because, you know, we were having phone problems.

Except...ummm...we were NOT having phone problems!!

It was all a LIE!!! (The best lie I've ever been told in my entire life.)

Did you get to hear the show? Oh my goodness, people. OH MY GOODNESS.

When that door open and the love of my life breezed through looking all handsome in his blue shirt and those amazing dimples that get me every time....

(And I in my undone roots...oh ladies. Never run around with your roots undone. You just never know when you might find a handsome man on one knee in front of you delivering the most BEAUTIFUL speech in which he asks you to be his wife.)


And I, waterworks girl OF THE WORLD, did not cry. I managed to keep my wits about me so I could soak up every single word he said to me. And I did.

Want to read what he said? Sheryl Glancy just so happened to transcribe it for me as a gift - so let me just tell you:

Rebekah Joy Freelan, you have stirred my heart in a way that I never thought imaginable. I never dreamed I would meet a woman so amazing, so beautiful, so ready to be a wife that God intended and so lovely in every way. You make me want to be a great man and a great leader that I am called to be. Neither one of us had an easy road to get to where we are, but you have made it all worthwhile and I love you so much. I am totally taken back at how God has orchestrated this love story between us and I just love you. I love your big beautiful smile. I love the way you look at me with such affection. I love the way you treasure our God. I love your creativity. I love your writings. I love your journaling. I love your joy for life and the way you want to please me and make me happy. I love the way that you have become such a strong and brave woman and what that looks like. I love how you love me with such a pure, true, and abundant love - you're so amazing. I want to wake up with you every single morning and I want to snuggle up with you every single night. I want to enjoy life with you - whatever that looks like and wherever it is - I don't care - I just want to be with you. I want us to go on this journey together and have more fun than ever thought possible. You are my reward and I will cherish you. I want you; will you give me the honor of being your husband? Bekah, will you marry me?

(*line in bold was my favorite line of the entire proposal.)

And then he pulled out a ring...
AND I SAID YES!!!!
And if you want to hear his awesome delivery of this moment...check it out here:




I've been blogging about the details of the proposal over on my blog so if you're a hopeless romantic, go check it out.

One of the biggest blessings of this event has been the way we've seen God use our love story to touch hearts that felt perhaps God had forgotten...or stopped writing. Sweet friends, I spent a lotta years feeling that way, but I can assure you that every photo above is a photo of REDEMPTION. OF God sweeping into the lives of a broken girl and a broken guy and mending hearts to trust and love again.

He. Is. Faithful.

Stand on it. We are.

No comments:

Post a Comment