Friday, October 26, 2012

Doppelgangers and Such

Well...did you catch yesterday's BLT show? We cracked our own selves up. It was quite a morning - including a segment on doppelgangers. Doppelwhaters???? Doppelgangers. Lookalikes. Does anyone ever tell you that you look like someone famous?
 
Our Lynne Ford has always been told she looks like Susan Lucci. MY WORD. It's so true. Check it OUT:
As for me - I've been told I look like Flo the Progressive Girl. What do you think? (I went back to a hair era when I might have resembled her a bit more.

Lynne and I went to a website and uploaded pictures of ourselves to see who the official facial recognition software said we look like. Lynne used the picture above....and here were her (hilarious) results: Sarah Jessica Parker (her strongest resemblance....?????), FOLLOWED BY - Gary Sinese!!!!!!! and then Richard Dreyfuss, Cate Blanchett, JERRY SPRINGER!!!!!, Carmen Electra, Michael Keaton, Sigourney Weaver, Jessica Alba, and Jennifer Lopez. How in the world do Jerry Springer and Jennifer Lopez even end up in the same screen???? I'm still crying laughing.

I started with this picture:
My main match was Mariah Carey. Ehhh....but okay. Then Kelly Clarkson. Okay I can sort of see that. Also on the list: Sophia Loren. Well, if I were twice my age...maybe. Sandra Bullock was on the list. THANK YOU for that one. I love her! Also - Claire Danes. (Lynne actually thinks I look a lot like Claire and she's so pretty, so I'll take that.) And then - are you ready? John Lithgow. Really???? And the kicker: George W. Bush. REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

So then, I put in this picture - just to see:
You are going to love this lineup. In this picture I most look like...are you ready? MADELEINE ALBRIGHT. Are you KIDDING ME? Second choice? PETER O'TOOLE. Peter O'Toole!!!!!!!! Also on the list: Evan Rachel Wood and Britney Spears - I don't really agree but at least they're you know - female and not in my grandparents' age bracket. And then back to the men - apparently in this photo, I also look like Nick Nolte. And not just Nick. But a BEARDED Nick. Lovely. And finally...and I can certainly see the STRIKING resemblance here: Kobe Bryant. I'll pause while you roll your eyes.

In other BLT news - Lynne and I did story time with y'all. (Complete with story music and everything!) I can't even do Lynne's story JUSTICE. If you missed it - you just have to go hear it. Cracks me up every single time. Every time.

And my story had to do with the time I accidentally turned my hair neon orange - followed by Ronald McDonald Red. Want to see photos? Check them out here.

And can I just submit to you that sometimes (read: always) GOING TO THE SALON IS WORTH IT!!!

And a final photo to leave you with today....

Lynne and I also talked about the time we sampled Lip Ink at the Women's Expo. One thing I will say for this is that it has incredible staying power. Too bad I don't really want to wear this shade.
(Or maybe it's just a picture of Kobe Bryant with Susan Lucci.)

No comments:

Post a Comment