Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome...??...Sweet Springtime??

Happy First Day of Spring!! I told Lynne earlier today that this frigidish start of spring would be more palatable if I didn't have such fond memories of last year's 80-something degree first day of spring. I looked out the window this morning and saw...

SNOW!!!

WHAT!?!?!? Snow on the first day of spring!!

I'm consoling myself with the memory of slight tree buds I noticed last Sunday afternoon...and the beginning of daffodil sprouts I saw in the back of the yard last night...and the smell {odor rather than aroma...but I'll take it} of the freshly laid mulch outside. Spring WILL be here soon. Right? It just has to be!

I feel like I declare {minus the BLT declaration music} every time the seasons change...how much I love this season. Perhaps I am just ready for change each time and welcome the promise of what's ahead.

This time...I'm looking forward to:

* Putting together the hammock Ryan and I received from my sisters for our wedding. Actually I'm not looking forward to putting it together. I'm looking forward to RYAN putting it together and I'm looking forward to enjoying it! {I'll help him but tools and assembly have never been my forte, so it's safer for everyone, the hammock most of all, if he's in charge of that project.}

* Evening walks outside. I adore watching the sun go down and walking around just enjoying the great outdoors that I feel like I've not seen since October!!

* Running outside. OH man. How I've missed exercising outside this winter!

* Eating outside. {Hmmm...sensing a pattern here.} Ryan and I have a sweet little patio table and I love parking outside to eat dinner {or lunch if we're home for that meal} - or even just have coffee while listening to birds. So cozy.

* Use of sunglasses for purposes OTHER than glaring snow.

* A whole new wardrobe - courtesy of the non-fleecy stuff I can wear again!

* Running the air conditioner in my car. {I don't bother waiting until summer for that one.}

* Ditching the fleece sheets. Not that they aren't oh-so-comfy. Because truly...it's like sleeping on a cloud. But the ditching of the sheets signals the arrival of the warmth, so let's bring THAT!

* Lilacs. I have 3 kinds of lilacs in the yard and I cannot WAIT for them to bloom. I love smelling them and cutting them to bring inside...so lovely.

* Freshness. There is something just so refreshingly lovely about spring.

What about you? Any faves you're eager to welcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment