Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Little Challenge for November...

Some of you might have read about this on my blog yesterday...but I wanted to write about it here too - because I wanted to invite everyone to be a part.

Thanksgiving is coming up in just about a month, and I'm busy prepping to decorate my house in reminders to give thanks. Ryan and I are making plans to visit our families {the great juggling of the family visitations} - and of course, that means making plans for the food we'll take with us.

And in all of that...I don't want to lost sight of the purpose of Thanksgiving....to give thanks.

While there's nothing wrong with this practice, I don't want my thankfulness to be a hurried note on my Facebook status. I want to actually give thanks back to people who have invested in my life.

It might be a phone call.

A card.

A visit.

A donation made in their honor.

A little gift.

Something that says, "Hey, I remember the time you invested in me by ______________. I am the person I am today because of the time you took."

Imagine it. Imagine being the recipient of this unexpected gratitude. What a blessing!

I'd love you to join me each day in November if you'd like to be part of this. Drop by my blog and at the end of my post each day, I'll offer a suggestion of someone you might thank that day. Who you pick and how you thank them is completely up to you.

Want to join me this November in being part of a blessing? Let's do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment