Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dreamin'

I sat in the front seat of the car, catching glimpses of color-twinged trees flying past, but my main focus was on the driver.

One day earlier, he'd blessed me with two incredible gifts. The first was a beautifully worded offer of forever-love and the second was ring he'd designed and slipped onto my hand.

Less than 24 hours later, I was beside him in the car on the way to Brown County for a day of hiking, photo shoots, absorbing fall sights, and...wedding planning.

It was this day that he said to me, "I can be ready in two months if you can."

And though I felt like a crazy girl...I said yes again.

Yes to finding a dress, assembling a wedding party and planning a ceremony in two months.

So we started dreaming...and we started with where to get married.

He thought this would make a good location:
And though it felt almost wrong to go far away from home less than a month before Christmas, I said yes again.

So we were married and came home to live in the house I'd inhabited for the last 12 years. We wanted to make it ours - a haven that we both loved. So we started dreaming...about a little outdoor area to love. And together, we made this:

And so it goes...

...the dreaming.

We dream about everything from vacations we want to take, to projects we want to accomplish, to the house where we might want to move.

Sometimes the dreams are huge and distant and we wonder how and if they'll ever be a reality. Sometimes they're right within reach - if we just make the effort to actually reach.

We're dreamers...and we're unapologetic.

Even if they never become flesh, the mere dreaming brings a smile. But for those that do come to life - what sweet joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment