Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bekah Freelan is one of my favorite peeeeeeeeople.

If you missed today's Mid-Morning you missed one of the cutest, sweetest, most tender and precious renditions of Luke 2, ever: a recording of a three-year-old Bekah Freelan reciting the Luke passage. Visit the Mid-Morning archive to hear what's become my favorite moment from today's show. (It will also make sense of the title of today's blog.)

Jody Hedlund (she shared fresh & meaningful Christmas traditions), Corine Ingrassia (The Toy Insider), and photographer Stacy Wasmuth (author of Mamarazzi) all gave helpful resources related to their topics, which are my "Here's What I Learned" items:

Advent books:
Make a Christmas Memory by Julaine Kammrath
The Adventure of Christmas by Lisa Whelchel
Stories Behind the Great Traditions of Christmas by Ace Collins

Good place to shop for toys: TheBigToyBook.com

Photography iPhone apps (from Mamarazzi):
CameraBag
Hipstamatic
Photoshop.com Mobile (good for cropping and sharpening images right in-phone)
TiltShift Generator (good for adding effects to shots of scenery and cities

Tomorrow Bekah and I talk with two The Biggest Loser contestants: Abby Rike and Michelle Aguilar. I've already read both of their books (fabulous) and eagerly anticipate what I'll learn at MMU (Mid-Morning University, which is what I affectionately call MM) on Thursday.





No comments:

Post a Comment