Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Biggest Losers Are the Biggest Winners

I don't watch much reality television except for The Sing Off and, in the past, a couple of seasons of American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. But after today's Mid-Morning, I just may make The Biggest Loser part of my Tuesday night TV schedule; not to watch people dramatically transform their bodies (though it's quite the jaw-dropper) but to hear their personal stories.

On today's Mid-Morning Bekah and I chatted with Season Eight contestant Abby Rike and Season Six winner Michelle Aguilar. Abby lost her husband, daughter and two-week old son in a car crash. Michelle shared her TBL experience with the source of her personal pain: her mother, who'd walked away from the family leaving a hurt Michelle behind.

As I listened to these two young women who know and love Jesus share their stories filled with searing grief, confusion, and shattered dreams, my spirit began to chant what is my "Fix Your Thoughts on This" for today:
"Nothing! Nothing! Nothing, nothing, nothing! I'll say it again, NOTHING, is beyond the power of God to heal and restore." Glance at what's broken in your life, and then gaze at the manger. In it lies the Power and Grace of God come to save and restore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment