Monday, December 26, 2011

So...About God's Will...

OUCH.
That’s my reaction to the conviction of my toes being stepped on (in a good way, of course!) while listening to Pastor Gregg Matte talk about finding God’s will. Can I share with you what got me the most?
If you look at the target on the wall, you miss the journey.
Oh goodness. I am so guilty of this! When I look for God’s will in any of the (MANY) areas of my life, I am Little Miss Tunnel Vision. I focus my gaze so intently at the end of the journey, looking for that final answer, and from His Throne, God is saying, “Oh Baby Girl…I have so much between where you stand now and the answer you seek. Please don’t miss it.”
God is a writer…a writer of life stories. He has pored over each one and so lovingly filled it with blessings, lessons, gifts, and details so miniscule, I fear we miss them because our gaze is so fixed on the end of the journey. And yet each of those tiny bits is important to Him and I believe He longs for us to savor them. Not miss them.
If we are faithful in the chapter we’re living, then God will open the next chapter.
One of the most pivotal things God whispered to my heart in the journey I walked last year was this: I am the Author; you are the scribe. My job is to live the journey, not write the story. If I live it faithfully, God will be sure I get the next chapter when it’s due. (And not a moment before, much to my chagrin, usually.)
God’s will is about who we are, not what we do.
Gulp.
Find me faithful, Abba.

2 comments:

  1. It's not just the destination, but the journey to the destination that is important. The journey can be especially hard when part of that is going through a dark valley or out in the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Gaylene!! But He is so faithful!

    ReplyDelete