Thursday, December 22, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

Uh, did anyone happen to notice I was "blogless" on Wednesday? Not me, that is until around 9:00 Wednesday night. Oops. They say it takes at least 21 days to create a habit.

That explains everything.

I didn't begin blogging until December 1, which means I was one entire day short of cementing a blogging habit. I feel so much better now. :)

Wednesday's Mid-Morning was my second trip through Debbie Alsdorf's book The Faith Dare. We had a 10-minute "Author! Author!" interview earlier in the year that whetted my appetite for an extended conversation. Round Two with Debbie was even better as God spoke through Debbie, saturating my spirit with a set of truths He's intent on me "ginosko-ing," Greek for a knowing that reaches beyond the intellect to an actual experience. The Big One is this: faith grows and flourishes as we come to know Jesus. Paul explains it this way in Colossians 2:7 -- "Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will grow in faith (italics are mine), strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught." So I will continue to use my biggest shovel to dig deep.

On today's show I was reminded how much fun it is to be surprised -- in a good way --  by a guest. Bevin Brothers Manufacturing has been making bells for almost 180 years. It's now the only company making bells in the U.S. Matt Bevin, the current Bevin in charge, was utterly charming, informative, and playful. I knew he hit a home run with Bekah and me, but it was something else that sealed his success as a fabulous guest.

The on-air guys -- Jim, Phil, Larry, Ron, Ross, Scott and Ken -- rarely, and I mean once in a blue-, purple- or fuchsia- moon-rarely, comment on Mid-Morning. But today Ken Church stopped by our office and told us how much he enjoyed today's show. A little probing revealed the reason for his liking it. You guessed it: the Bell Man, Matt Bevin. His explanation of how bells are created, coupled with his stories of famous Bevin bells, made the interview a treat. If I've piqued your interest, you can listen on the archive.

Since I missed blogging yesterday, it seems reasonable to me that I begin the building of my blogging habit all over again. That said, today is Day One. Hooray for me for remembering to blog. Here's hoping I don't injure myself while administering a self-congratulatory pat on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment