Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Easy Relationships

Bekah and I enjoy each other's company -- whether it's in the office we share, prepping food at my house for a Kitchen Caboodle MM, or on the air. We've been working as a team for eight months now. This photo was taken a week after she arrived, yet it appears we've known and liked each other for years. A portent for good things to come.

A listener call during today's open phone line segment on kitchen gadgets you love/dislike got me thinking about the gift of easy relationships, which Bekah and I have had from the get-go. Easy, meaning they require no breaking in time and not that they are without problems (uh, I'm not taking about Bekah, in case your mind went there!)...after all when humans are involved, how can any relationship be problem-free?

This listener thanked us for Mid-Morning, light-hearted shows like today's and those that address the things of life that leave us bruised or perplexed. But what I heard her say (I do love subtext) was thanks for offering a steady, constant place of joy and life. For one hour every Monday through Friday, a community of friends -- me, Bekah and thousands of you -- share an easy relationship. We are part of the same God-family that creates an immediate, "I know you!" Now that deserves a place on my 1,000 gifts list!

Eugene Peterson summarizes my three paragraphs in his rendering of Psalm 16:3...

And these God-chosen lives all around--what splendid friends they make.

I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment