Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Want To Be Like Mitch

How do I love the things Mitch Kruse says? Let me count the ways! There isn’t enough blog space to do that, so I heartily encourage you to catch his interview on the topic of satisfaction. All of it is quote worthy and heart-mind- and soul-changing.

As I hosted the interview, asking questions and listening carefully to his responses, I was struck by this “Fix Your Thoughts on This” idea:

Any one of us can have the same depth of understanding, wisdom and experience of God that Mitch has.

Let me repeat that, a little louder: 

Any one of us can have the same depth of understanding, wisdom and experience of God that Mitch has.

I absolutely believe it. It’s biblical and I experience it (James 4:8, I Corinthians 2:12, 13). Now I realize Mitch went to seminary where he learned Hebrew and Greek and spent hours studying the Bible. That’s a solid foundation for knowing what the Bible says. But, and this is key, his understanding, insight and wisdom are the result of regular time with Jesus, reading the Bible, praying and listening (which are a package deal), all of which are illuminated and informed by the Holy Spirit. And the praying and listening goes on throughout his day...driving in the car, over lunch, helping to coach his daughter's basketball team.

God won’t cheat us out of Himself. O, how He delights in our knowing Him in a very real, experiential way. All we need to do is draw near.

I’m coming, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment