Friday, November 9, 2012

It's the Music

Good thing I love music since I work at a radio station...huh? :)

Ryan and I have been planning our wedding ceremony and we are HUGE advocates of things that demonstrate meaning. Even in the music we're choosing. The song we've selected for our families and wedding party to enter to is meaningful in lyric and artist. I don't even know what song I'm walking in to yet, because I told Ryan I wanted him to choose it...any song that he wanted to forever associate with the moment he saw me walking toward him...and I don't want to know what it is until I hear it that day as I walk to meet him. The song we'll play during the wedding is one I've always longed to use, because it sums up the kind of life and marriage I hope we share. And the song we walk out to will be one that shares what we hope our guests will see in our love toward each other.

Music is so meaningful. Its words carry such weight. Such conviction. Such hope. Such promise.

Such memory.

I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for the opening notes of a song and the immediate flood that washes over me as I think of the time it ministered to me for the first time.

This is one of my favorites. You might have heard us play it on the station, but this song says one of the foundational truths of relationship and something that Ryan and I both cling to and promise one another:

I will love you for you...not for what you have done or what you will become..I will love you for you. I will give you the love, the love that you never knew.

Thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment