Thursday, November 8, 2012

Manicures and other Forms of Thankfulness

Today on BLT, we talked about doing nails. Lynne talked about the most expensive nail polish bottle on the planet, which is reportedly a quarter of a million dollars. (No, I am not wearing THAT to my wedding.) Seriously. A quarter of a million dollars for NAIL POLISH?? It has black diamonds in it. Give me my diamond in a ring that I can wear for the rest of my life, thankyouverymuch.
 
Anyway. As part of our show, Lynne and I did an experiment for y'all. (You're welcome.) We tried out these nail strips:
 
Basically you peel off the backs, apply them to your nail beds, and they adhere through the warmth of your fingers. You use the orangewood stick to trim off any excess and secure them to your nails. They are made of real nail polish and are supposed to last two weeks. (Plus there's no drying time to factor in, which as all girls know...is the biggest pain of a manicure.)
 
I was worried because all of them are bigger than my freakishly small nail beds (the ONLY petite thing on my entire body) - so I was a skeptic from the get-go.
 Lynne was busy applying hers at her desk....
 And I was fighting with them at mine. (Excuse the massive NOSE in this picture!) We determined that my problem was my strips were dried out. When Lynne brought in the package a few days earlier, I'd ripped into mine to see what they were all about. The air got to them and they dried, leaving me unable to use them. :(
 Lynne finally shared some of hers with me, so I started over, using the fresh ones. They did stick immediately, so that was good news!
 We both only tried applying them to our left hands, and we're both right handed...so I'm not sure I could have applied it to my right hand without it looking like a 2 year old did it.
 Thoughts on the process:
 Lynne got hers on pretty easily and it looked good. Me...well...one of mine was crooked and didn't go clear to the edge. Fail.
 Happy camper!! :)
Neither of ours lasted two weeks. Mine lasted four days before it chipped badly on the side. And it was way too much hassle for me. Give me my Essie polish any old day. :) Or my former days of Shellac. (Which is what I WILL be getting for the wedding.)

Having said that - you can't beat a job where you get to do a manicure as part of the day! :) Not bad, my friends, not bad.

Today I'm thankful for BLT. Lynne and I love that show so much and we get the impression you like it too! Thanks for being our listening family and spending part of your day with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment