Thursday, November 15, 2012

Random and Frivolous

I told Lynne during BLT this morning that I really feel like I'm hogging the thankfulness factor on here this month. Been trying to coerce her into writing a blog post, but y'all, she's been SO BUSY. Some days are a 3 diet coke day for her and that's so serious. SO serious.

Today, perhaps in honor of We Like It Wednesday (and yes, I know it's Thursday, but we talked about them on BLT) - I'm picking some random, perhaps frivolous, things I'm thankful for. But I am, nonetheless, thankful.

Speaking of We Like it Wednesdays, I'm thankful for Pinterest. (HEY. I told you in the title it was random and frivolous. But I've gotten SO many good ideas for food...for gifts...for house decorations. Seriously. How did I function before Pinterest??

I'm thankful for peppermint mochas. This is hilarious to me since peppermint actually gives me a headache. (So if you're ever eating peppermint or chewing peppermint gum, please oh please do not come sit next to me. I beg you.) But the peppermint in the mocha is subtle and chocolatey enough that I can handle it and it makes me SO SO happy.

This one seems super silly to me, but maybe you can relate. Ryan talked to someone the other day that we went to high school with. I was such a wallflower in high school and most people didn't know I existed. Maybe that was you too - and you know it can be kind of a hard thing to get over. You feel...a little ugly and forgotten. Anyway. Ryan told me that this girl (who was, in my estimation, in a very high and beautiful league) told him she reads my blog and she likes it. I'll take acceptance 15 years later. Oh yes I will! Dumb, but slightly healing to me. And for that, I'm thankful.

I'm thankful for blogs. I can still remember when my co-worker Jim talked me into blogging. I resisted. I said no. I was so afraid! But he finally set UP the blog for me and gave me the password...and said, "Here. Blog." And now I can't imagine NOT blogging. I am thankful for the outlet it is for me...thankful for the friends I've met through that adventure!

Thankful for brand new Bibles. I blogged about this over at my own blog today. I love a new Bible for a new season in life, and I'd say marriage qualifies as a new season!  So thankful for the fresh, crisp pages and the journey I'll walk while living in those pages!!

That's my randomness for today. What are you thankful for today? No item too frivolous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment