Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful for the Wisdom on Mid-Morning

Lynne Ford is one very wise woman.

She is partly wise because God just made her that way. (Just this morning, in fact, I wheeled around in my chair and said, "I need some Lynne-wisdom." And she delivered with quiet, profound confidence. That kind of confidence that is not arrogant because she doesn't sit around thinking of herself as profound.)

But she's partly wise because she hosts Mid-Morning for a living...and people, you cannot host this program without soaking up some sweet wisdom along the way. You just can't.

I can't even imagine the list of guests she's interviewed over the years. I know that a few of them she's talked to in the year since I've been here have infused me with wisdom as I sit at my perch over at the engineering board. You always learn twice as much (perhaps four times as much?) when you are the one preparing the interview as you do when you hear it. That's why she's so wisdom-laced. Here are just some of the guests who have profoundly impacted me with their wisdom since I first started working here. If you missed them, visit the archives!

* Lorraine Pintus - (7/25/11) - spoke with great confidence and insight on Intimate Issues. There's a chapter in her book that talks about how to confront body image issues. As a bride-to-be, I am SO thankful for the wisdom and practical application found in that chapter!

* Damian Lonsdale (8/12/11) - our guest on the topic of distracted driving. While I will be the first to admit I'm still more distracted than I should be behind the wheel, his interview helped me hone my driving skills and straighten up to pay attention to things I didn't even realize I was missing!

* James Banks (8/23/11) - author of Prayers for Prodigals. His book is such a helpful guide in praying for and relating to those who aren't pursuing the Lord. It was such a helpful reminder to be faithful in prayer for those in my life who don't share my faith!

* Renee Swope (10/25/11) - author of The Confident Heart. I sat at the board and cried through her ENTIRE interview because my heart so longed to be confident and her words fell over my soul with such healing grace.

* Ann Voskamp (1/3/12) - the author of One Thousand Gifts urged my heart to be consciously thankful this year. So loved taking on that challenge.

* Angie Smith (1/18/12) - I have learned so much from Angie through her blog and her books. She joined us to talk about What Women Fear and I was set free from several fear-based strongholds as I read the wisdom of this book!

* Edward Welch (3/23/12) - author of What Do You Think of Me? Why Do I Care? As a compulsive people pleaser, I NEEDED this show...to learn how to find fulfillment in the Lord.

* Sheila Walsh (4/29/12) - this Women of Faith speaker has written many books and Bible studies and I've learned much from her across the board, but she was with us to talk about the book God Loves Broken People and it was such a blessing. Feeling broken? This one is a good reminder of His unconditional love.

* Susan Miller (5/16/12) - the founder of justmoving.org was part of our show to talk about the emotional push and pull form moving. As a person who has (hopefully!) a move in her future, I was very excited to learn from her wisdom.

* Bruce Marchiano (6/16/12) - he played Jesus in the Matthew film and was with us to talk about his more recent reprise of portraying Jesus in Apostle Peter and the Last Supper. I had the privilege of interviewing him and it was an amazing moment to be able to talk to someone whose interpretation and portrayal of Jesus changed everything about how I relate to my Abba.

* Shaunti Feldhahn (10/23/12) - love her book For Women Only and though I read it years ago when it first came out, it was so good to be reminded of her wisdom as I prepare for marriage!

We had, of course, dozens of other guests with wonderful topics and insights. These are just the ones whose wisdom hit me at the right time and in the right place. And they fill Lynne every day with such amazing wisdom. And for that - I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment