Monday, November 12, 2012

Prayer Warriors

Today on our Author! Author! program, one of Lynne's authors was Gary Neal Hansen, who has written a book called Kneeling with Giants.

Do you know people like that? People whose prayers are so powerful that you crave the opportunity to pray as they do? Giants of the faith who got there the same way we can...by the journey of life and by hard trials that press us into His side until we're connected to His power in ways we didn't even expect.

I have a prayer warrior like that in my life. Her name is Sue Ann, and she lets me call her Grandma Sue. (My own grandmothers are in Heaven now, so I love having an adopted Grandma here on earth.)

A couple of years ago, when I walked my desert journey, Sue Ann was a kneeling giant for me. She listened to me cry over the phone and she prayed for me - both right there on the phone and also in moments I didn't even know about. And in one very divinely appointed conversation, she told me this story, which redeemed years of heartbreak for me over the way my life had begun.

This past Saturday was my bridal shower, and Grandma Sue was there. At one point in the shower, she shared the story from that link above, and there was not a dry eye in the place as she explained how God had answered the prayers of the ladies at that retreat, praying over my yet-unborn life.

And then she prayed for me:



I loved that moment, and I love this picture. Her prayers (and the prayers of many other warriors) have sustained me and I'm so grateful. Thank you, Jesus, for prayer warriors. Thank you for giants of the faith. Thank you for the hard roads they walked that pushed them into Your side. Thank you for their choice to persevere through those moments.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment